Search This Blog

Wednesday, 20 March 2019

E-Portfolio: Camp Writing

Describe It - Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Level 4.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Learning goals:
  • To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback


The  big giant  swing.
When I went on the giant swing I was so excited
to go on it and I also felt like my tummy was  going up and down. And while
my tummy was going up and down.


I saw how scared my friend was and cheered her on. She took a big deep
breath as she was being pulled up into the very tall tree.



Student Comment:
In my writing, one of my goals is to re-read writing to check it makes sense.
I did show this goal here because  all sentences make sense.

In my writing, one of my goals is to express feelings about the topic.
I did show this goal here because is expressed how I was feeling.

My next learning step is to keep working on my spelling.


Teacher Comment:
Savannah, this is such a great piece of writing.  You have improved so much with your sentences.  I like the way you have used adjectives to help describe.  Your next step is to re-read and check if you have repeated your sentences.  - Mrs Hunter





No comments:

Post a Comment